Mechanically, these pianos are almost identical to instruments
manufactured today, as the piano has not really been changed much in the
last 120 years or so. Replacement parts, strings, hammers, etc. are still
available from suppliers.
Most of my Antique Pianos (pre 1940) have required additional work (100
to 300 hours!) which includes:
Victorian styling, Beautiful Exotic Woods, hand-carved panels
and ornate legs...
- Complete action (mechanical) rebuilding
- New leathers, new felts, springs, and straps
- New keytops if needed
- Ivory keytops - Chipped or broken Ivory is replaced with matching
- Keyboard completely repadded with new felts and adjusted
- New dampers if needed
- New bass strings or treble strings when needed
- Veneer and cabinet repair
- Refinished (where noted)
- Pedals are polished and rebuilt
- Tuning - tuned to A-440 unless otherwise noted.
Old pianos have all the characteristics that Antique collectors love and
cherish for their uniqueness and charm. They will easily become the focal
point of any room in your home and will continue to provide many generations
of Musical enjoyment if properly cared for, thus preserving the "Golden
Age of Piano Building" as a unique piece of "Americana."
We can arrange the piano delivery for
you locally by licensed and insured piano movers
Rob Gardener is also a member of the Piano Technician Guild
A National Organization